The beauty of podcasting is that as a content creator, you retain control over content, and can feed it to as many channels as you’d like. We work to create a home for your content on our owned channels and distribute it across the ecosystem via our trackable links, RSS feed, and embeddable players.
Channels like iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, Tunein, social media, and external websites using our player pull directly from your show’s RSS feed. Since we generate your RSS feed, listenership can be tracked across channels. For those of you signed up to RevEngine, those listens can be monetized in real-time using our dynamic ad insertion tool.
Channels that take a hosted approach either ask you to upload your files directly or download and cache your RSS feed instead of pulling content directly from the feed when a listen request is made. This is true for hosting services like Libsyn, Soundcloud, and Spreaker, and the aggregator Google Play Music. If you use these services, the listens cannot be tracked or monetized by us. You are also subject to the terms of that service. Our terms allow 100% ownership, the lion’s share of revenues generated from your content, and full feed mobility.
First, find your BTR RSS feed
To find your show feed, go to the drop-down menu located to the upper right corner of your screen and click on the square cover art image below your display name. This will take you to your profile page. From there, click the small round, orange RSS icon located to the right side of your screen and this will redirect you to your RSS feed on BlogTalkRadio. Now you can just copy and paste the URL when submitting your feed.
Show feed URL example: www.blogtalkradio.com/YourShowName/podcast
To submit your show feed to iTunes:
- Sign in to iTunes Podcast Connect (using your Apple ID and password) https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/#/
- Click the blue + (plus) icon at the top left of the iTunes Connect dashboard
- Enter your show RSS feed into the provided text box and then click the "Validate" button
- A Feed Preview will if you do not have any validation errors
- If everything within the Feed Preview is correct, click the "Submit" button
Once you have submitted your feed, it may take approximately two weeks for your shows to be available in iTunes.
To submit your show feed to Stitcher:
- Complete Stitcher sign-up form: http://www.stitcher.com/content-providers.php
- Log into your Stitcher account
- Click Add New Shows from the top navigation menu
- Complete the Show Information form, agree to terms and conditions, and then select Continue
- Review Content and then click Submit Application
Stitcher manually approves every show added and can take 3 - 7 days.
To submit your show feed to TuneIn:
The TuneIn team will manually add your show feed for you. For instructions, please visit:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not see your podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. We can check on it for you and re-submit if necessary. If you're interested in a service that is not listed here, email us at email@example.com.